Plums are one of the very popular fruit here in my area. But main problem with plum is that it gets ripened up quickly, so this time I decided to preserve plums and now I can use these for long time. I decided to make this sweet, tangy plum sauce/chutney. It took around 1.5 hrs for me and this is what I came up with.
What you need:
- 1 Kg plums (ripened).
- 1 cup sugar (you can adjust as per your taste).
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- Few fresh mint leaves.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
Total time required : 1.5 hrs (preparation + cooking)
- Wash plums thoroughly with warm water.
- De-seed them and chop them roughly.
- Take heavy bottomed pan and add plums to it ;cook on slow flame till plums gets softened.
- Add sugar to plums and cook on low flame for about 5 mins till whole of the sugar gets dissolved.
- Add fresh mint leaves and spices to the mixture keep it aside for 5 mins.
- Strain the complete mixture, you will get nice plum puree.
- Put the mixture back on the flame and reduce it in order to get thick consistency (Sauce like).
- Let it cool down for few mins and after that preserve in airtight jars.
For some people weight management is really a tough task similar to me. Today I am sharing a special summer salad recipe; which can be your complete meal as it contains most of the essential nutrients.
- Cucumber -1/2 cup sliced.
- Tomato -1/4 cup thinly sliced.
- Carrot- 1/4 cup sliced.
- Capsicum/ Bell pepper -1/4 cup thinly sliced.
- Macaroni – 1/2 cup boiled and rinsed.
- Olive oil -1 tablespoon.
- Garlic- 2-3 cloves finely chopped.
- Black pepper- 3-4
- Lemon Juice- 1 tablespoon.
- Pineapple bits-1 tablespoon.
- Sesame seeds-1 tablespoon.
- Peanuts- 1/8 cup.
- Coriander- finely chopped- 2 tablespoons.
- Add all the basic ingredients except dressing ingredients in salad bowl.
- Keep the salad in refrigerator so that it gets chilled.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil, garlic, black pepper, lemon juice and pineapple bits.
- Roast peanuts and sesame seeds in pan.
- Add dressing over salad.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and peanuts.
Enjoy crunchy salad you will surely love this.
“Rhododendron Smoothie ”
fruits and flower smoothie
- Musk melon: 1/2 cup chopped.
- Green grapes- 6-8.
- Mint leaves: few sprigs.
- Soaked almonds: 2
- Raisins: 6-8
- Mango: 2 Tablespoons chopped.
- Rhododendron Petals: 4-6 dried or fresh
- Yogurt: 1 Tablespoon.
- Chilled Water: 1/4 cup.
- Ice cubes