Plums are one of the very popular fruit here in my area. But main problem with plum is that it gets ripened up quickly, so this time I decided to preserve plums and now I can use these for long time. I decided to make this sweet, tangy plum sauce/chutney. It took around 1.5 hrs for me and this is what I came up with.
What you need:
- 1 Kg plums (ripened).
- 1 cup sugar (you can adjust as per your taste).
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- Few fresh mint leaves.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
Total time required : 1.5 hrs (preparation + cooking)
- Wash plums thoroughly with warm water.
- De-seed them and chop them roughly.
- Take heavy bottomed pan and add plums to it ;cook on slow flame till plums gets softened.
- Add sugar to plums and cook on low flame for about 5 mins till whole of the sugar gets dissolved.
- Add fresh mint leaves and spices to the mixture keep it aside for 5 mins.
- Strain the complete mixture, you will get nice plum puree.
- Put the mixture back on the flame and reduce it in order to get thick consistency (Sauce like).
- Let it cool down for few mins and after that preserve in airtight jars.