Plums are one of the very popular fruit here in my area. But main problem with plum is that it gets ripened up quickly, so this time I decided to preserve plums and now I can use these for long time. I decided to make this sweet, tangy plum sauce/chutney. It took around 1.5 hrs for me and this is what I came up with.
What you need:
- 1 Kg plums (ripened).
- 1 cup sugar (you can adjust as per your taste).
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- Few fresh mint leaves.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
Total time required : 1.5 hrs (preparation + cooking)
- Wash plums thoroughly with warm water.
- De-seed them and chop them roughly.
- Take heavy bottomed pan and add plums to it ;cook on slow flame till plums gets softened.
- Add sugar to plums and cook on low flame for about 5 mins till whole of the sugar gets dissolved.
- Add fresh mint leaves and spices to the mixture keep it aside for 5 mins.
- Strain the complete mixture, you will get nice plum puree.
- Put the mixture back on the flame and reduce it in order to get thick consistency (Sauce like).
- Let it cool down for few mins and after that preserve in airtight jars.
When I’m on the road, I wake up early and walk a lot. I’m very healthy. But when I come back home, I am more tempted by guilty pleasures, such as eating too many sweets and sleeping a lot.- Masaharu Morimoto
What you need:
- 1 big bowl of fresh fruits either berries, plums or apricots.
- 6 slice of wheat bread.
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla ice cream.
- 2-3 Pistachios.
- 1/2 medium size mango. (Optional).
- 2 teaspoons sugar.
- Separate fresh fruits into half.
- Cut bread pieces into desired shape , i have used hexagonal cookie cutter.
- Take a shallow cooking vessel and add 1/2 bowl of fresh fruits into it. Cook fruits until they get softened add some water if the mixture is too thick. Strain the mixture and you will get fresh fruit syrup.
- Arrange bread pieces in a plate and put syrup over the top of bread. Keep them aside for a while.
- Take remaining fruits or mangoes pulp in the same pan and cook for 3-4 mins until they get softened add sugar only if required.
- Place the bread pieces in a dish and put fruit pulp on this and place second piece on top of it, like a sandwich.
- Keep these in refrigerator for 15-20 mins.
- Garnish with Vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream + Pistachios.
What you require:
1/2 bowl of diet muesli I have used Gaia Crunchy Muesli Soya.
1/2 medium sized mango.
1/2 cup of yogurt.
Method: Blend mango with yogurt and spread over muesli , garnish with raisins.
It’s so quick, healthy and very tasty.
For some people weight management is really a tough task similar to me. Today I am sharing a special summer salad recipe; which can be your complete meal as it contains most of the essential nutrients.
- Cucumber -1/2 cup sliced.
- Tomato -1/4 cup thinly sliced.
- Carrot- 1/4 cup sliced.
- Capsicum/ Bell pepper -1/4 cup thinly sliced.
- Macaroni – 1/2 cup boiled and rinsed.
- Olive oil -1 tablespoon.
- Garlic- 2-3 cloves finely chopped.
- Black pepper- 3-4
- Lemon Juice- 1 tablespoon.
- Pineapple bits-1 tablespoon.
- Sesame seeds-1 tablespoon.
- Peanuts- 1/8 cup.
- Coriander- finely chopped- 2 tablespoons.
- Add all the basic ingredients except dressing ingredients in salad bowl.
- Keep the salad in refrigerator so that it gets chilled.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil, garlic, black pepper, lemon juice and pineapple bits.
- Roast peanuts and sesame seeds in pan.
- Add dressing over salad.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and peanuts.
Enjoy crunchy salad you will surely love this.
“Rhododendron Smoothie ”
fruits and flower smoothie
- Musk melon: 1/2 cup chopped.
- Green grapes- 6-8.
- Mint leaves: few sprigs.
- Soaked almonds: 2
- Raisins: 6-8
- Mango: 2 Tablespoons chopped.
- Rhododendron Petals: 4-6 dried or fresh
- Yogurt: 1 Tablespoon.
- Chilled Water: 1/4 cup.
- Ice cubes