There are fixed recipes which we follow with little variation for regular cooking. You will be surprised to know that little variations in these can lay down a path to good health and fitness. Let’s start with the basic things that we use in routine.
There are various of dairy products which we use like milk, yoghurt,butter, mayonnaise etc.
What you can do to make them healthier and fruitful?
- Swap mayonnaise with low fat yoghurt you can add herbs or your choice to it which will make it more tastier.
- Use Skimmed or low fat variants of milk instead of full cream milk which contains less fat and same amount of essential nutrients.
- Use yoghurt in fruit salads and other recipes instead of heavy dressings to make them delicious and low cal.
The main source of carbohydrates are cereals, sugar from artificial as well as natural sources.
- Use natural sweeteners in place of artificial one; you can also go for fruit based desserts too.
- Improve the fibre content in diet by using multigrain, whole wheat or oats.
- You can also use oats in regular smoothies which will improve the quality and consistency .
3. Vegetables & fruits.
One should include at least 6-7 servings of different fruits and vegetables in their diet.
- Add rainbow to your diet , use fruits and vegetables of different colors.
- Always prefer to use seasonal varieties which are fresh and friendly for pocket.
- Add more herbs (parsley, coriander, mint etc) to your soups n salads for better taste, appearance and great aroma.
These small tips can definitely improve the quality of food intake by providing better nutritional level essential for complete health and fitness.